Oklahoma Chapter of IAAO
The Oklahoma Chapter of IAAO was founded in 1985 to help in the advancement of the objectives of the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) in Oklahoma, which are:
- To promote uniform and equitable principles of assessment through professionalism.
- To gain recognition by governmental authorities of the assessing profession.
- To improve assessment standards through education, modern methods of efficient technology.
- To work to educate the public regarding the ad valorem tax system.
- To work to provide a clearing house for the collection and distribution of useful information relating to assessment practice, and in every proper way, to promote justice and equity in the distribution of the tax burden.
- To better serve the Oklahoma taxpayers.