Call for Presentations
As of the Jan. 31 submission deadline, IAAO has closed the submission process for topics for the 2024 Annual Conference, Aug. 25-28 in Denver that reflect innovative, cutting-edge content that stimulates and provokes discussion and audience engagement, and facilitates knowledge transfer and development of new competencies. Submissions are welcome from both seasoned professionals and those new to the profession. Notices on selected presentations will be made at the end of March.
Topic areas are defined by the IAAO Body of Knowledge (BoK). The BoK is a framework for defining the key knowledge, skills, and subskills for the mass appraisal profession. Your submission should relate to one or more of these knowledge areas.
As you consider your presentation topic, the BoK and potential topic areas are provided in the submission guidelines and should be used as a guide for developing your potential presentation.
As a business partner, you are encouraged to submit presentations related to best practices. These presentations cannot be sales pitches or commercials and must include a representative from a government assessment office as a subject matter expert.
Carefully evaluate your presentation idea. Submissions by exhibitors that do not fully separate out any sales will not be selected by the Conference Content Task Force.
Again this year is an Exhibitor Showcase – a chance for business partners to provide live demonstrations in a dedicated space. A separate submission form will be required. This will be available in March 2024.
Proposal Process + Selection Criteria Peer Review
Submissions are reviewed by the Conference Content Task Force, appointed by the 2024 IAAO President and President-Elect. To assist members applying for continuing education credits with states in 2024, please note these requirements. For accepted presentations, biographies of all presenters and a timed outline are to be submitted no later than June 14. Full final presentations are due by August 2, 2024.
All submissions are evaluated on each of the following criteria:
- Overall topic and how it relates to the assessment/appraisal profession
- Three clearly defined practical learning objectives
- Program design/interactive learning elements
- Overall quality of submission
- CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS DEADLINE: January 31, 2024
- CONFERENCE INVITATIONS TO PRESENT: March 2024
- FOR STATE CEU APPLICATIONS—ALL PRESENTER BIOGRAPHIES AND A TIMED OUTLINE OF THE PRESENTATION DUE: June 14, 2024
- FINAL PRESENTATION (POWERPOINT AND NARRATIVE) DUE: August 2, 2024
- CONFERENCE CHECK IN: 30 minutes prior to the on-site session (Colorado Convention Center)
If you have questions on the Annual Conference Call for Presentations, contact Kristin Taylor at email@example.com.