For Board of Directors - Region 3
G. CECIL JACKSON, JR., RES, AAS
Gaston County, North Carolina
I am writing to ask consideration for your support and VOTE for the IAAO BOARD OF DIRECTORS for Region 3. It would be a privilege and honor to serve on the Board.
When considering your support for my candidacy please review my qualifications, which include:
• 26 years of work experience in the assessment and appraisal profession at both the local and state levels.
• Certified as an IAAO Residential Evaluation Specialist (RES) and Assessment Administration Specialist (AAS) Designation.
• Certified Real Property Appraiser III, North Carolina Department of Revenue
• Tax Director for Gaston County’s Assessor’s Office.
• Current member and Chair of the IAAO Professional Development Committee.
• Committee member of the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation (Governance and Grants).
• Bachelor of Science Degree, concentration Public Administration, Appalachian State University.
• IAAO Member - 26 years.
IAAO has given me more opportunities than I could have hoped or imagined possible. Opportunities to meet with great minds and share knowledge globally. I want to share those experiences through dedicating a sense of service to an organization that has given me doors to walk through.
If elected, I will fulfill the goals of:
• Increase IAAO presence in the United States and internationally to grow membership.
• Implement the Body of Knowledge and Vision 20/20 Strategic Plan.
• Support efforts of the Professional Development Department as they continue to implement on-line educational opportunities.
Cecil Jackson IAAO Region III