Research Grant Program Guidelines
The IAAO Research Grant Program seeks to bring together practitioners and scholars to further the research mission of IAAO and encourage the exchange and development of innovative ideas within the profession. Acceptance of a grant carries with it an obligation to submit a satisfactory report for publication by the editor of any IAAO publication. Presentation at an IAAO conference may be requested.
The 2021 Grant Program is closed but will applications for 2022 will be accepted later this year.
All IAAO members, graduate/postgraduate students and faculty at accredited colleges/universities are eligible to apply. Both international and domestic students are eligible, however the final report must be in the English language. Funding for each approved project will be between $2,500 and $5,000. Grants are awarded for 1 year.
- Valuation of any property type (real or personal) for property tax purposes
- Assessment administration trends including methods, procedures, and use of technology
- Political and public acceptance of the property tax including formal appeals
- Property tax policy and its impact including evolving global policies, initiatives, and economic development strategies
- Assessment and valuation standards that affect assessment professionals and property owners
Download the complete application guidelines and cover sheet. Use the faculty form if you are employed as an instructor/professor by an accredited college/university. Use the student form if you are enrolled as a graduate/postgraduate student at an accredited college/university.
The proposal narrative should be formatted in Microsoft Word. The Cover Sheet is already formatted as a fillable PDF form that the applicant should fill out, obtain a supervisor's signature, scan as a PDF, and send with the proposal.