IAAO Board of Directors, Region 2
Bartholomew County Assessor
IAAO has always been a passion of mine. From the time I became a member in 1994, upon obtaining my Assessment Administration Designation in 2002 to becoming a Senior Instructor, I have benefited from IAAO in many, many ways. The experience of sitting on the Board of Directors from 2017 until 2019 helped me understand the complex organization and interactions that make up IAAO.
I believe that experience and dedication make me the candidate of choice for Region 2 in the 2023 election. We face challenges such as selecting a new Executive Director and staying on schedule with updating our educational offerings. I believe that by working as a team and understanding the desires of the membership, we can make the best decisions necessary to facilitate a strong IAAO for the future.
I am the Chair of the BoK Standards Integration Task Force and have been on various committees working for IAAO’s success since the early 2000s.
I was instrumental in influencing the Indiana Legislature to make five IAAO classes a requirement for assessors statewide and also pay for those classes. I believe we have a professional organization second to none and I want to be a part of making that organization even greater.
I appreciate your support.
Designations, Certifications, and Accomplishments
• Assessment Administration Specialist, IAAO
• Elected Bartholomew County Assessor 2019 through 2026
• 33 Years Mass Appraisal Experience
• Indiana Certified Level III Assessor/Appraiser
• 2011 Member of the Year Award
• 2020 Clifford B Allen Most Valuable Member Award
• IAAO Board of Directors 2017-2019
• IAAO Certified Senior Instructor
• Coordinator for IAAO Indiana Education
• Co-Chair of the 81st IAAO Conference in Indianapolis, Indiana.
• IAAO Course 1 Fundamentals of Real Property Appraisal Research
• IAAO Course 2 Income Approach to Value
• IAAO Course 112 Income Approach to Value II
• IAAO Course 201 Appraisal of Land
• IAAO Course 300 Fundamentals of Mass Appraisal
• IAAO Course 311 Residential Modeling Concepts
• IAAO Course 400 Assessment Administration
• IAAO Course 402 Tax Policy
• IAAO Workshop 411 Building a Healthy Workplace Culture
• IAAO Course 151 USPAP
• IAAO Forum 910 Valuation of Convenience Stores
• IAAO Forum 909 The Appraisal of Commercial Properties in a Declining Market
• Successfully Completed IAAO Professional Designation Program Case Study Examination