IAAO Board of Directors, Region 1
Cleveland County, Oklahoma
Commitment is a strong word; one I take very seriously when it comes to IAAO. Over the years I’ve served on IAAO committees, chaired IAAO committees, and had oversight on multiple Task Forces.
During my two years as Chair of Research and Standards, I attended Board of Directors meetings in person, gaining valuable knowledge while watching and learning how the Board operates and functions.
Currently, I am serving as an elected official in Oklahoma as the Assessor of Cleveland County. Previously, as an instructor at Oklahoma State University I provided training to County Assessors and their deputies. Prior to this I worked in multiple sized jurisdictions, so I recognize the different challenges that we face.
Please look over my accomplishments with IAAO. I respectfully request your support and vote.
IAAO involvement and leadership
• Research and Standards Committee – Chair, 2019-2020
• Oversight of seven Task Forces in 2019 and nine Task Forces in 2020
• Research and Standards Committee, 2018, 2021-2023
• Research and Standards Committee – Super Chair, 2016-2017
• Technical Standards Committee, 2011 – 2015
• Standard on Standards Task Force, 2021
• Member Benefit Task Force - Chair, 2023
• IAAO Senior Instructor
• Strong IAAO Representation in Amsterdam, (F+E 2015)
• IAAO National Conferences, presenter multiple times
• IAAO Presidential Citation – 2022
• Oklahoma IAAO Chapter President – 2003 State Leadership – Oklahoma
• Executive Officer, 2023
• Board of Directors, 2019-2021
• Legislative Committee, 2019-2023
• To improve the resources and education to meet the different challenges of both small and large jurisdictions.
• To educate our members worldwide to help defend, to promote our profession, and to be proactive in the various legislative processes in order to create legislation that promotes
fairness and equality in assessments and tax policies.
• To have a well-managed budget that will keep membership dues, conference fees, and course fees affordable.