Course 102 - Online Cohort Version
This session is a Pilot of 102 Online.
This course is designed to provide students with an understanding and working knowledge of the procedures and techniques required to estimate the market value of vacant or improved properties by the income approach. This course covers real estate finance and investment, capitalization methods and techniques, analysis of income and expenses to estimate operating income, selection of capitalization rates, and application of the approach. For more information about this course, please review the Course Information Packet
Recommended prerequisites: Course 101
Recommended textbook: Property Assessment Valuation (PAV) (3rd edition)
AQB approved: 33.50 QE, 33.50 hours CE with exam / 30 hours CE no exam
Course Dates & Pricing
The course is limited to 30 students and costs $499 for IAAO members
and $725 for non-members
. As with all continuing education programs, each individual state must approve a program for pre-licensure and/or continuing education credit.
October 21 - December, 2019
REGISTER FOR 102 - OCTOBER 2019
Cohort Typical Schedule:
- Week 1 (Monday): Orientation
- Week 2 (Monday): Chapter 1 opens
- Week 3 (Monday): Chapter 2 opens
- Week 4 (Monday): Chapter 3 opens
- Week 5 (Monday): Chapter 4 opens
- Week 6 (Monday): Final Exam opens
- Week 7 (Sunday): Last day to complete exam and access course material
- You will receive emails from the IAAO each week letting you know that your course material is available as well as reminders about the schedule. Note. Please pay close attention to the final date for the exam and course material access provided in the weekly IAAO emails so that you can complete the exam within the allotted time period.
- You must cancel a course in writing. To cancel a course, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your cancellation request is received ten or more days before the orientation start date, IAAO will remove you from the class and refund the registration fee, less a $50 cancellation fee.
- If the cancellation request is received nine or less days before the orientation start date, no refund will be given. Course 101 Online classes are offered on a regular basis so if you can complete a one-time transfer of your registration to another class start date that is more convenient for your schedule.
- If the cancellation request is received on or after the orientation start date, IAAO will not refund the registration fee and there is no longer an option to transfer to another class.
- IAAO reserves the right to cancel a class up to five days prior to the orientation start date. Should IAAO cancel a class, you will be notified and given the option of transferring your registration to another class start date, or receiving a refund of their course registration fee.
For a list of frequently asked questions and answers about taking an Online Cohort Course, please visit the FAQ page!
Instructional methods utilized in Course 101 Online include instructor videos, narrated PowerPoint presentations, assigned readings and discussion boards, exercises and frequent checks for understanding.
This course is designed for professionals who estimate the value of real property or any individual involved or interested in Assessment administration duties. This is a fundamental course and there are no prerequisites.
The following reference material is provided by IAAO:
- e Version of the Student Reference Manual
- e Version of Property Assessment Valuation Textbook (PAV)
- Computer Web Camera with Microphone (Equipment will be required for the exam)
- A calculator is required
- Current version of Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- Current version of Adobe Flash
- If accessing the course using a mobile device, it must be a large-screen device such as an iPhone 6+ or iPad