IAAO Board of Directors, Associate
Product Specialist/Research Scientist for Aumentum Technologies
Ten plus years working for local government jurisdictions in North Dakota, Minnesota, and consulting for jurisdictions across the country.
- IAAO CAE Candidate
- Ph.D., Research Methods and Applied Statistics
IAAO Involvement and Leadership
- 2020-2021 Body of Knowledge Standards Integration Taskforce (2021 Chair)
- 2020 and 2021 Chair of the URISA/IAAO GIS and Valuation Technologies Conference
- 2019 Vice Chair of the URISA/IAAO GIS and Valuation Technologies Conference
- 2017-2018 IAAO Cadastral expert for the Coalition of Geospatial Organizations (COGO)
- 2017 – Present: Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Property Tax and Assessment Administration
- 2018 Coauthor of GIS for Property Tax and Assessment Professionals book
- 2018 - GIS Book Taskforce (Chair)
- 2015-2017 Research Subcommittee (Chair 2016-2017)
- 2013-2015 Library Committee
- Various publications in IAAO materials and presentations at IAAO conferences over the last 10 years including three International Research Symposiums.
- 2018 – Minnesota Association of Assessing Officers Sales Ratio Committee
- 2016-2017 Minnesota Association of Assessing Officers CAMA committee
- 2012 – North Dakota Association of Assessing Officers Region 1 secretary
Goals If Elected
- Promote transparency within IAAO membership directories and provide more exposure at conferences and visibility for vendors to obtain leads.
- Make IAAO research and education materials readily available to ALL members with little or reduced cost.
- Promote cutting-edge research on emerging technology as well as on unique valuation issues.
- Support and expand partnerships with academic institutions and other research-based organizations to provide funding and grant opportunities for research on hot topics.
- Support the evolution of online and in-person education initiatives through active learning approaches.