For Board of Directors - Region 1
Real Property Tax Administrator
County of Maui, Hawaii
As an assessor in Hawaii, which is relatively remote, I value access to professional standards, technology, education, and connection with peers.
On the PDC I have learned the value of having professional programs which are inclusive, accessible, and achievable across our broad membership.
Access to the Women’s Initiative gave me inspiration and confidence. I would like to become an IAAO officer so that I can represent members who desire accessibility.
In 1988 I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics from San Diego State University.
I’ve been an appraiser in Maui County since 1990. Twenty one of those years have been in the assessment field and nine years were in private appraisal
I’ve been an IAAO member for 10 years and received the Assessment Administration Specialist designation in 2013. Maui County earned the IAAO Certificate of Excellence in Assessment Administration in 2018. For the past year and a half, I have served on the Professional Development Committee.
IAAO involvement and leadership
• Professional Development Committee, 2019 and 2020
• Hawaii in-state instructor, IAAO Course 101, Fundamentals of Real Property Appraisal
• CEAA Mentor, 2019-2020
• 2019 Annual Conference presenter, ‘Classification of Residential Visitor Lodging Properties’
• 2018 Annual Conference presenter, ‘Wind Farm Improvements and Asset Appraisals on Maui’
• 2016 Annual Conference presenter, ‘Five Stories Across America’
• Certificate of Excellence in Assessment Administration, Maui County, 2018
• Tyler Excellence Award, 2017 Professional experience
• Assessment Administration Specialist, IAAO designation 2013
• Certified Residential Appraiser, State of Hawaii 1994
I would like IAAO to continue on the path of advancing assessment professionals through easy access to their programs.
I will support Body of Knowledge credentialing, BOK access, a badging program, the Women’s Initiative, online classes, and equivalencies.
My strength is offering insight and collaboration.