For Board of Directors - Region 2
Distinguished Professor Emeritus
Cal holds a doctorate in economics and has taught in 30 states and 15 foreign nations.
IAAO member for 13 years, earned AAS designation, and is a Senior Instructor. Presented at eight IAAO annual meetings.
Member Assessors’ Association of Pennsylvania.
Chaired the IAAO Sub-Committee which produced the “Assessment Practices Self-Evaluation Guide 5th ed” (APSEG).
Mentor & grader for Certificate of Excellence in Assessment Administration (CEAA) IAAO’s highest jurisdictional award. Provided reviews of several IAAO publications including the new “Standard on Tax Policy.”
Extensive publications in F+E, JPTAA
. and other journals. Received Bernard L. Bernard Outstanding Technical Essay Award and the John C. Donehoo Essay Award. Produced over 100 reports for various bodies on property taxation.
While in West Virginia, for 12 years member of Property Valuation and Training Commission (PVC) overseeing 55 county offices.
Was Vice Chair, Gov. Underwood’s Commission on Fair Taxation and Chair, Property Tax Committee, Gov. Manchin’s Tax Modernization Project. Currently, Lewis Distinguished Professor of Business Emeritus, Marshall University Huntington WV.
• Increase recognition and adoption of IAAO Standards by state legislatures and oversight commissions
• Make all IAAO courses available by interactive on-line learning
• Include more jurisdictions in the Certificate of Excellence in Assessment Administration program
• Count toward IAAO designations affiliate and chapter courses and state certifications
• Contain the cost of IAAO membership, meetings, and courses
• Expand recruitment of a more diversified membership