Candidate for IAAO Vice-President
John S. Moreland, RES, ICA
Assessor, City of Clinton, Iowa
- Clinton City Assessor: 1981–Present
- Member since 1982
- Served on IAAO Executive Board, 2003–2005
- Served on the Planning and Rules Committee
- Iowa State Representative
- Chair, Paul V. Corusy Library Trust
- Completed many IAAO courses, workshops, and seminars
- Attended IAAO Annual Conferences
- Attended GIS/CAMA Conferences
- Attended Legal Seminars
- IAAO Residential Evaluation Specialist
- Certified General Real Property Appraiser designation
- Iowa Certified Assessor
- President, Iowa State Association of Assessors
- President, North Central Regional Association of Assessing Officers
(NCRAAO—an 11-state regional organization)
- Also served as Treasurer, Secretary, and Director for NCRAAO
- Kiwanis International Governor representing the Illinois Eastern Iowa Kiwanis District (only 49 in the world)
- Board of Directors for the Spastic Paralysis Foundation
What I will bring to IAAO
Dedication – I have been a public servant for over 34 years. I am able to see the needs of those I serve and will work to meet those needs.
Education – I would set up a revolving fund to update courses every five years or as needed. Keeping courses current and relevant is one of the most important services we can provide to our membership. Also, I believe that we need to have more webinars and short workshops to communicate new trends, ideas and technologies as they emerge.
Communication – It is essential to have good communications between our IAAO headquarters, State Associations, Chapters and Affiliates. Communication with our members is critical. All members must be made to feel that their concerns, ideas and suggestions are being heard and acted upon.
Membership – Since 2011 IAAO has only seen a net gain of 58 new members. We need to continue to recruit new members and strengthen our relationship with current members. We also need to expand our membership and presence internationally.
As your Vice President, I will work hard to enhance and promote all IAAO policies to ensure that IAAO remains the recognized leader for the property tax profession. I will bring a strong work ethic and dedication to IAAO. I pledge to continue to improve upon the products and services that IAAO provides to you. And most importantly, I will listen to you.
If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact me at: 563-357-1046, or email@example.com.
I would appreciate your vote.