For Board of Directors - Region 3
DAVID BRIAN SANFORD
Deputy Real Estate Assessor
For 31 years, I have been a member of the International Association of Assessing Officers.
I was present at the last meeting days held when the IAAO was based in Chicago, and I attended the “Grand Opening” of the new headquarters in Kansas City, Missouri.
IAAO has been a fundamental part of my professional career, and volunteering for this organization and our members has been the most rewarding part. That is why I humbly ask your support for IAAO BOARD OF DIRECTORS Region #3.
• Support affordable, quality appraisal education for current members, future members; and emerging professionals.
• Emphasize IAAO Professional Designations as the preeminent standards of excellence in the appraisal profession.
• Promote development of IAAO Technical Standards; keeping IAAO in the forefront of improving and standardizing our Profession.
• Member 1988-Present
• Friends of the Library Committee- Present
• Professional Designation Advisor, 1995 - Present
• Chair, Education Subcommittee, 2015-2016
• Chair, Professional Development Committee, 2009
• Chair, Professional Designations Subcommittee, 2004-2007
• Planning and Rules Committee, 2010-2012
• State Representative 1996 – 2002
Professional Designations, Certifications, and Awards
• Certified Assessment Evaluator
• “Professional Designee of the Year” 2014 (IAAO)
• IAAO Presidential Citation 2009
• Outstanding Member Award, 1995, (VAAO)
• Certificate of Appreciation, 1997, 1998, 1999, (VAAO)
• SRA, Appraisal Institute
• Certified General Real Estate Appraiser; Virginia
• CEAA – Chesapeake, 2019
State Leadership/Local Activities
• President; VAAO (2018)
• Director; VAAO (2010-2012)
• Chair, Education Committee, VAAO (1999)
• President of the Hampton Roads Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, (AI) 2002
• Leadership Development and Advisory Council, (AI) 2000-2003
• Chair, Ethics Committee Hearing, 2003, (AI)