IAAO in Las Vegas!
The 83rd Annual International Conference on Assessment Administration took place September 24–27, 2017 at Bally's Las Vegas, and more than 1,500 attendees attended the conference. The program book for the conference is available to download. (18MB)
The Annual Conference took place at Bally's Las Vegas, which also served as the official hotel. To view and purchase photographs from the conference please visit the Conference Photographer's website.
The conference got underway on Sunday, September 24 with the Opening Reception and programs start on Monday, September 25 with the Opening Ceremony, featuring the keynote speaker, Steve Eisman, one of the most knowledgeable and respected analysts on Wall Street today and one of the few who predicted the 2008 financial crisis, was featured in Michael Lewis’s 2010 book The Big Short,
and was portrayed by Steve Carell in the 2015 movie adaptation of the book.
In addition to Mr. Eisman's presentation, IAAO offered approximately 60 courses on eight tracks during the three-day conference. IAAO also offered programs on The Secret to Hotel Casino Valuation
and Understanding and Using Comparable Transactions
as a separate educational offering.
In between sessions, the conference offered attendees the opportunity to network and attend the Exhibit Hall to hear the latest on products from vendors in the industry.
The IAAO Associate Member Committee announced winners of raffle prize winners from the 2017 Annual Conference.
- Portable Power Pac and $50 gift card – Nancy Delgado Hernandez
- iPad/Tablet and Accessories – Manny Gallegos
- Fitbit– Keith Bethel; Fitbit– Melinda Fonda; Echo Dot and $50 gift card – Rick Stuart;
- Vera Bradley Tote bag and Swarovski Earrings/Necklace Set – Debby Ring;
- Wizards Chess Pattern Quilt – Gary Townsend;
- Diamond Stud Earrings – Dana Baker
The Raffle Donors were:
- Portable Power Pac and $50 gift card – Debby Nielsen and family
- iPad/Tablet and Accessories – CT Chapter of IAAO & CT Association of Assessing Officers
- Fitbit (2) – Associate Members Sub-committee
- Echo Dot and $50 gift card – Linda Cwiek, Tax Assessor, North Kingstown Township
- Vera Bradley Tote bag and Swarovski Earrings/Necklace Set – Debby Ring & Roger McCarty
- Wizards Chess Pattern Quilt – Melody Hartley, Tax Equalization Solutions
- Diamond Stud Earrings – Associate Members Sub-committee with help from Mike Miano and Sterling Jeweler
2017 AMSC Booth Volunteers were Linda Cwiek, Alex Hepp, Edye McCarthy, Mike Miano, Kellianne Nagy, Kristen O’Connor, JoAnn Pierson, Rick Stuart, Ken Voss, and Bill Wilkes.
84th Annual Conference
September 23-26, 2018 - Minneapolis Minnesota