The mission of the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) is to promote innovation and excellence in property appraisal, assessment administration, and property tax policy through professional development, education, research, and technical assistance.
Membership is open to all those with an interest in the area of property valuation for the purpose of taxation. Our regular members traditionally work for government entities, such as a local county, township, state or province. We also have associate and affiliate memberships available. Affiliate membership is open to organizations or associations with interests similar to IAAO.
While most IAAO books and educational products are printed only in English (U.S.) we would welcome the opportunity to understand your situation when it comes to property valuation and would assist you in any manner possible. Please e-mail us at email@example.com with your inquiry.
Varied resources are available through IAAO including:
- the premier assessment library in the world containing more than 15,000 cataloged books, videos, maps, and documents and more than 100 current journals and newsletters.
- textbooks and publications that serve as the standard in the assessment industry.
- continuing education with introductory courses as well as courses to serve the needs of the experienced professional and an internationally recognized professional designation program.
- the opportunity to meet with professionals from around the world at conferences and seminars.
- electronic exchange through a dynamic Web site and an on-line discussion forum.
- technical assistance providing objective, insightful assistance on a broad range of assessment issues.
For more information, contact IAAO at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816 701-8100 (United States).